Friday, April 17, 2009

A Thought Journey

Casual readers of this blog will notice the random themes, introspection, and commentary on events in business and finance. I have decided to channel this, but hopefully in a more meaningful way, into a series of essays. The themes are broad and the ideas random. This fits my personality and allows me to reflect and create. By posting this, I commit myself publicly to this work: a short book of essays.

That said, I will use this site to diffuse any finance-related theme I include in my writings. A note of warning or of jubilee: postings going forward will be more sporadic and less frequent than the past. Below is what I have so far. I'm halfway done with two of the essays. I welcome your comments and ideas.

Education:

i) Why I Write

ii) Types of Books

iii) Education

iv) Cultural Observations

Places:

v) The Real Mexico

vi) The Farm

People:

vii) Mr. Buffett

Misc:

viii) On Investing

ix) My Experience at Goldman Sachs

x) Our Sacred Stuff

xi) Running

xii) Skiing & Golf

xiii) The Buy Recommendation

2 comments:

latinfinancier said...

Two comments:

Section XXII i can't wait to read what you have to say about golf and ski, two sports you don't like.

What about including "puros cash flows" section?

Tucker said...

I too look forward to hearing what you have to say about golf and skiing. I'd also like to request a short blurb about the biking fad. Lots of people buying expensive bikes that allow them to go further and faster while expending less energy. There are no short-cuts in running (other than short-cuts).